This position will oversee anywhere from 5 staff members to 50 staff members. Staff members may range from trades persons to professional and administrative staff.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
Minimum five (5) years of experience in management position with Profit and Loss responsibility, in a ship repair yard or related industry that employs highly skilled journey level technicians. Bachelors degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or Business is highly preferred. Or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies to do the job effectively.
Must have demonstrated experience growing the profitability of a business unit through both revenue enhancement and cost reduction.
• Knowledge of marine-related equipment, ship repair / construction techniques and sequencing of ship repair activities.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret ship repair specifications, blue prints, general business periodicals, marine repair/shipyard professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
• Knowledgeable of shipyard safety practices.
• Ability to schedule, direct and organize work within a diverse department and coordinate work with other departments to maintain efficiency and facilitate group decision-making, team building and conflict resolution.
• Ability to handle competing priorities and deadlines effectively and respond well to last minute, high priority, time sensitive projects.
• PC applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Required Soft Skills and Competencies:
• Smart – Creates an organic or structured process that enhances efficiency
• Careful; – Adequately contemplates various available courses of action and makes the appropriate decision; Monitors and checks work or information; plans and organizes time and resources efficiently
• Productive – Supports employee efforts to achieve job and organizational goals via coaching, goal setting, removing obstacles, etc.
• Flexible – Tailors formal and informal conversation/communication to the level and experience of the audience; adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution
• Considerate - Is accessible and provides prompt, attentive service to internal and external customers; Provides frank, open, and accurate feedback while avoiding destructive comments
Job Environments / Physical Demands:
The physical demands for this position are light to moderate. May require some lifting or assistance with heavy equipment. The incumbent of this position is required to stand for extensive periods of time, in external climates. Must be able to work long hours, travel via various modes of transportation, and work any day of the week at any time of the day as required to meet customer needs, business objectives and to achieve delivery of service deadlines. Requires the ability to walk over uneven surfaces and occasionally climb ladders and other ship elements. Use of tools requires manual dexterity and fine motor movement.
The work environment for this job is demanding and potentially hazardous due to work on or inside ships as well as travel around ship repair yard.
Must have the ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others.
If your employment history presents a gap that is three months or greater, explain the gap in your cover letter or resume. Qualified applicants providing the requested information will be given first preference.