Educational and Experience Requirements:
• Three (3) or more years experience in painting large steel structures using high volume low pressure and airless paint equipment to apply various paint applications such as epoxies, urethanes and enamels
• Experience maintaining painting equipment (hoses, pumps, pressure tanks, spray guns, and tips)
• Demonstrated experience in evaluating own work for quality and thoroughness
• Knowledge of mixing paint
• Willingness to work in inclement weather
• Knowledge of: tools, materials, processes and techniques of painting and surface preparation; troubleshooting techniques
• Ability to: learn and use safe working practices; maintain records; analyze painting and surface preparation requirements; communicate effectively; work effectively with co-workers in a diverse workforce, and respond appropriately to question/concerns from other employees and the public; work constructively in a team; ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others.
• Skill in: painting large steel structures, surface preparation, minor finishing and repairs of surfaces, and handling and clean-up of related materials and equipment; completing reports; performing measurements and arithmetic computations including multiplication, division, fractions, decimals and conversions.
Job Environments / Physical Demands:
The work environment is heavy industrial that is potentially dangerous and hazardous. Exposure to fumes, chemicals and unpleasant workspaces. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to regularly lift up to 75 lbs throughout the day, or seek assistance when lifting. Must be able to regularly push/pull up to 75 lbs throughout the day. Requires ability to stand and/or walk on a concrete surface for extensive periods of time. Work is performed in buildings subject to external climates/temperatures changes. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Use of hands, grasping, standing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bend, squat, crouch, stoop, kneel, balance, one to ten hours a day.
If your employment history presents a gap that is three months or greater, explain the gap in your cover letter or resume. Qualified applicants providing the requested information will be given first preference.